Kennesaw State University is proud to offer scholarships to incoming freshmen, currently enrolled students and transfer students.
Application dates are November 1st - March 1st for most scholarships.
Letters of Recommendation deadline is March 1st.
If you wish to be considered for need based scholarship you must complete your FAFSA by the March 1st priority deadline.
The KSU Foundation Scholarship
Established by private donors and awarded each year to students with excellent academic achievement and/or those students with financial need. Scholarships are financial awards given to students who represent the high standards of Kennesaw State University.
- All scholarship recipients must be in good standing and degree seeking
- Most scholarship awards require at least half-time(6-8 hours) attendance and many programs require full-time(12 hours) attendance or undergraduates. Graduate scholarships require 5-6 credit hours for part-time and 9 for full-time
Merit Based Scholarships
Awarded based on academic achievement, potential, leadership skills, extracurricular activities, community service and individual scholarship criteria regardless of financial need.
Need Based Scholarships
Awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. Additional requirements such as leadership skills, community involvement and individual scholarship criteria will also be considered.
Letters of Recommendations are only required for the following:
- Declared English Majors
- Students applying for the College of Science and Mathematics Veterans Scholarship
- Students applying for the National Science Foundation Scholarship
- Education majors who have been accepted into the year-long cohort practicum experience
- International students who are active members of ISA
- no other letters of recommendations are required and will not be accepted
Staff Senate Scholarship
If you are a full time KSU employee enrolled in accredited courses within the University System of Georgia and wish to apply for the Staff Senate Scholarship please complete the online application beginning June 1st. The deadline for applications is July 7th.
***KSU employees are eligible to apply for the KSU Staff Senate Annual Scholarship only as they can apply for tuition assistance(TAP). Contact Human Resources for more information.
Students are encouraged to research opportunities for external scholarships. With any type of search for additional funds, you should never have to pay to submit a scholarship application. In addition, you should never pay someone to help you find scholarship resources. Many entities provide free scholarship searches such as The College Board, GAfutures.org and others.
KSU has launched an easy, mobile, and personalized process that makes finding and applying for scholarships easier. It’s easier because the system will match you to your best fit opportunities.
Providing the best student experience is important to us, and we heard your feedback loud and clear. You want an easy, straightforward, and mobile-friendly way to apply for scholarships.
We’re proud to say that now students will be able to:
- Answer questions that will match you to eligible scholarship opportunities
- Apply online to multiple scholarship opportunities through a personalized portal
- View scholarship metrics to determine your chances and the effort required to apply
- Receive alerts whenever you are matched to new scholarship opportunities
Learn more at http://kennesaw.scholarshipuniverse.com