• When can I apply for scholarships?
    The application process is open from November 1st through March 1st for the following academic year.

    Do I need to submit more than one application if there is more than one scholarship I may qualify for?
    Only one application is required. Although some questions on the application are optional, it is strongly suggested that students fill out all questions in order to match as many scholarships as possible.

    How do I apply for KSU scholarships?
    http://scholarships.kennesaw.edu/ You may also access the application through Owl Express using the link located on the Financial Aid tab.

    Do I have to be currently enrolled to apply for a scholarship?
    Not necessarily, but you must be admitted and have an established Owl Express account.

    When can I expect to receive funds if I am awarded a scholarship?
    Financial aid is disbursed on the final payment deadline for each semester. Half of the funds are applied in fall and half in spring to your student account towards institutional charges. Any excess funds after all charges are paid, will be refunded to your selected refund preference through BankMobile. The HOPE Scholarship, Student Loans, Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), and scholarship money are applied to institutional charges (tuition and fees) and any excess financial aid will be refunded to the student.

    I received a scholarship last year. Must I reapply for the same scholarship or will it be renewed automatically?
    If a scholarship is renewable, it will be noted in the criteria. Most scholarships require you to reapply each year.

    Who reviews my scholarship application once I submit it?
    Applications are reviewed by the committees responsible for awarding the scholarship and are made up of Deans, Faculty, staff and Comunittee Members

    When and how will I be notified if I am selected as a scholarship recipient?
    The Office of Scholarships will notify students by e-mail to their KSU student e-mail address if they were selected as a scholarship recipient. Notifications of awards will be sent beginning in May. However, some award notifications will continue to be sent as late as August. Awards will also be listed on Owl Express.

    How can I use my scholarship money?
    Kennesaw State University scholarships are awarded for educational expenses such as: tuition, fees, housing, books, supplies and transportation.

    Can I apply for and receive a scholarship in addition to the HOPE Scholarship?

  • What is a Need-Based Scholarship?
    Applicants must demonstrate need to be considered for these scholarships. Need-Based Scholarships require that a student complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to have their need determined by the Department of Education (DOE). Need is determined by subtracting the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from the Cost of Attendance (COA). COA - EFC = Need.

    How is my financial need determined and who is responsible for making that determination?
    As noted in the question "What is a need based scholarship?" need is determined by subtracting the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from the Cost of Attendance (COA). The federal government determines your EFC based on information obtained from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and tax returns. The COA estimate includes tuition, fees, room and board, books, supplies, transportation and personal expenses. COA figures are calculated by individual institutions and approved by the Board of Regents.

    When must I have my FAFSA filed?
    Applicants must complete their FAFSA anytime after January 1 each year. KSU recommend's applicants file as early as possible.

    It is recommended and preferable that you complete your tax returns prior to filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) However, you do have the option of estimating your information on the FAFSA. Please be advised that estimating your tax information on the FAFSA can slow the process down and may result in your file being chosen for verification.

  • Am I required to attend the annual Scholarship Reception held in the fall of each year?
    Yes, if invited you will be required to attend the luncheon. Benefactors who attend the luncheon expect to meet the recipient of the scholarship they support. It is a wonderful opportunity for you to thank them in person and show your appreciation.

  • What are the criteria for full and part-time enrollment?

    • Full-time enrollment is 12 hours minimum undergraduate and 9 hours graduate
    • Part-time enrollment is 6 hours minimum undergraduate and 5 hours graduate

    If I am graduating in fall can I receive the full amount of my scholarship award for fall?
    If you are graduating in fall you may request the entire amount of your scholarship for fall no later than November 1st by submitting the following to our office:

    • A short written request.
    • A copy of the approved petitioned to graduate.

    *Please note that all requests are subject to approval by donor and/or Committe.

    Do I have to reapply each year if I have a renewable scholarship?
    Yes, Awards do not automatically renew, a new online application must be submitted each academic year. Failure to submit a renewal application by the applicable renewal date cancels the student’s renewal status.

  • Many of our scholarships require community service.
    Listed are a few of the volunteering opportunities available in the local area.

    Must Ministries
    Phone: 770-427-9862

    Senior Services North Fulton, Inc.
    email info@ssnorthfulton.org
    Phone : 770-993-1906

    North Fulton Community Charities
    Phone: 770-640-0399x210 or x215

    Canine Assistants

    KSU’s Holocaust Exhibit
    Phone: 770-420-4432

    Volunteer Match
    Assess individuals by matching the individual to the local volunteering opportunities.

    United Way
    Phone: 770-772-3184 or 770-772-3181
    The Drake House
    Phone: 770-587-4712x303

    *KSU employees are eligible to apply for the KSU Staff Senate Annual Scholarship only as they can apply for tuition assistance (TAP). Contact Human Resources for more information.